The fall season is a perfect time to get outside and enjoy the weather (and crunchy leaves!) as a family. Need some budget-friendly fall activities to do? We’ve got five ideas to inspire your weekend plans:
· Visit a pumpkin patch: There are so many things to love about visiting a pumpkin patch! While most include a small admission fee, a pumpkin patch is a great spot to get some family pictures, try some harvest snacks, and enjoy seasonal games.
· Go on a nature walk: Visit your city’s nature center or park trails for a day of exploring. Gather fall leaves on a small hike or just get outside to enjoy crisp weather.
· Break out the fall crafts: With a few simple materials – construction paper, scissors, and glue – you can create some fun décor to hang around the house. Set aside to carve the pumpkin and make paper crafts like a pumpkin or leaf garland!
· Make a campfire: Have an outdoor space? Set up a portable campfire and roast s’mores while telling ghost stories. If you are limited on outdoor space, head inside and tell spooky stories by candlelight with a cup of delicious hot apple cider.
· Head over to the farmer’s market: Every season produces its own bounty of seasonal eats and treats. Check out the local farmer’s market to pick up fun ingredients – fresh apples, popcorn, fresh baked bread – to eat at home as part of a fall-inspired menu.
Holiday celebrations can add up quickly, but when you look for things to do in your community you find there are plenty of inexpensive options.